FTIR Wire Grid Polarizers
- Wavelength range: 5000 cm-1 to 285 cm-1
- CaF2, BaF2, ZnSe, KRS-5, and Ge substrates
- High extinction ratio
- High transmission
- 25 mm clear aperture
- FT-IR compatible mounting features
- Wide acceptance angle for non-collimated beam
Polarizers for FTIR spectroscopy
Specac manufacture a range of infrared wire grid polarizers for FTIR spectroscopic analysis.
- the study of orientation effects of single crystals, polymers, and other molecules
- measuring thin films on reflective surfaces
- obtaining optimum sensitivity for reflectance measurements
- calcium fluoride (CaF2)
- barium fluoride (BaF2)
- zinc selenide (ZnSe)
- thalium bromoiodide (KRS-5)
- germanium (Ge)
With a grid periodicity of 4000 lines/mm, they offer high extinction coefficients and excellent throughput over the range 5000 cm-1 to 285 cm-1. The thin profile of this polarizer makes it suitable for FT-IR applications in which there are space constraints.
Usable in conjunction with spectrometer accessories
These polarizers are designed to fit directly into the aperture ports of all Specac Benchmark™ baseplate compatible accessories, such as the Golden Gate™ ATR, Silver Gate™ Evolution ATR, Gateway™ horizontal ATR systems, and the Cyclone™ and Tornado™ long pathlength gas cells. Alternatively, these polarizers are compatible with Specac’s 3” by 2” Slide Mount Polarizer Mount.
FTIR INFRARED POLARIZER Datasheet